Whether you’re dabbling in social media or making a career out of it, there’s a language among us social media geeks that you’ve probably heard bellowed down the halls of Facebook, and babbled in Twitter chats.
While there are probably hundreds or more of social media acronyms out there, we’re going to focus on 40 social media acronyms we think you should know.
Click here to see or pin the full-size image on Pinterest
40 Social Media Acronyms
- API = Application Programing Interface
- B2B = Business to Business
- B2C = Business to Consumer
- CMGR = Community Manager
- CPC = Cost Per Click
- CTA = Call To Action
- CTR = Click-Through Rate
- CX= Customer Experience
- ESP = Email Service Provider
- G+ = Google Plus
- GA = Google Analytics
- FB = Facebook
- FTW = For the win!
- DM = Direct Message
- IG = Instagram
- ISP = Internet Service Provider
- KPI = Key Performance Indicator
- LI = LinkedIn
- P2P = Person to Person
- PPC = Pay Per Click
- PV = Pageviews
- ROI = Return on Investment
- RSS = Really Simple Syndication
- RT = Retweet
- RTD = Real-Time Data
- SaaS = Software as a Service
- SEM = Search Engine Marketing
- SEO = Search Engine Optimization
- SERP = Search Engine Results Page
- SM = Social Media
- SMB = Small Business
- SMM = Social Media Marketing
- SMO = Social Media Optimization
- SMP = Social Media Platform
- SOV = Share of Voice
- TOS = Terms of Service
- UGC = User Generated Content
- UV = Unique Visitor
- UX = User Experience
- WOM = Word of Mouth
Are there any acronyms we missed that you’d add? Let us know in the comments section below!
See you in the social sphere!
Want more tips like this? Click here to get our newsletter, The Social Swag, delivered straight to your inbox each month.
The following two tabs change content below.
Brooke B. Sellas is the in-the-trenches Founder & CEO of @HelloBSquared, an award-winning social media, advertising, and social media customer care agency. She's also the author of Conversations That Connect -- a book all about social listening and social media customer care. Brooke's marketing mantra is “Think Conversation, Not Campaign” so be sure to give her a shout on the socials!
Latest posts by Brooke B. Sellas (see all)
- Automated Customer Service Could Crush Your Business - March 22, 2023
- The Supersized Guide To Social Media Moderation - February 22, 2023
- 2022 State Of Social Media Customer Care Report - January 4, 2023
Love this list! Thank you for posting it!
THANKS! So happy to hear that, Sarah. 🙂
[…] Read the full list here. […]
[…] mit vielen Abkürzungen.Welche wichtig sind verrät die folgende Infografik von B2 Social Media… Die wichtigsten Social Media-Abkürzungen im […]
[…] 40 Social Media Acronyms You Should Totally Know [Infographic] – B Squared Media – B² B… […]
[…] Una infografía con 40 acrónimos sobre Social Media Marketing que debes conocer. Vía […]
[…] ignite: Besides this post, we’ve only ever shared one other infographic. And guess what? It’s be pinned thousands of times and still is one the the highest ranked […]