We have said it once, and we’ll say it again – online marketing is easier when you have the right paid media tools around!
We know the frustration. You have been working extremely hard to make your paid media campaigns work, only to watch your marketing budget disappear.
Play smart or go home! Paid media tools, when used effectively, guarantee improvements in your paid campaigns. We suggest you pick one or two of the following paid media tools and get started. Let’s discuss the seven paid media tools you should test out this year.
Drop everything and start using the best paid media tools:
First, there’s a reason many smart marketers use tools to help them create better marketing campaigns. Or, in our case, we have several reasons we like to use paid media tools to help us with our campaigns.
The right paid media tools can help you…
- Quickly identify, target, and bid on keywords across advertising platforms.
- Create and optimize all kinds of interactive ads in no time.
- Provide easy workflows for managing your paid ads.
- Utilize tracking and reporting features to boost ad performance.
- Effectively automate all your online paid media marketing campaigns.
Finally, there’s only so much we can do as humans. The best paid media tools can not only save you time, but ensure your efforts are bumped up to level 100 without much of a learning curve for you.
What is SEMrush?
SEMrush is one of the most popular and effective paid media tools that PPC (pay per click) managers readily use to refine their ads strategy. It is known for having one of the biggest keyword databases in the world.
What are the top features of SEMrush?
In addition to robust reporting, SEMrush offers…
- PPC reports for different aspects of your website with just a click.
- Competitive analysis on competitor ads with details like time, location, and device.
- Cost-per-click maps: Find and run ads in countries and regions that are more profitable.
- The ability to analyze Google Ads posted by competitors for the exact keywords they use.
- Profitable ads using SEMrush Ad Builder (using competitors’ research).
How much does SEMrush cost?
|Custom Enterprise Solution||Unknown|
Above all, because we use this tool, we can say without a doubt it will help you up-level your marketing!
What is SpyFu?
Next, we’re looking at SpyFu. SpyFu is a reliable keyword research tool that boosts your online search performance, finds profitable search terms, and delivers exquisite competitive analysis (both for organic and paid campaigns).
What are the top features of SpyFu?
- Quickly filter out branded searches and gain insights by easily exporting them to Google Ads.
- Make use of social media benchmarks to analyze campaign performance through the content analyzer feature.
- Generate a list of top competitors (organic and paid) with SpyFu.
How much does SpyFu cost?
|Basic monthly plan||$39 per month|
|Annual plan||$33 per month|
|Professional plan||$39 for the first month
$78 after that
|Team plan||$299 per month (monthly)
$199 per month (annually)
Finally, with prices starting at under $40/month, this is an easy AND cost-effective way to beef up your marketing.
What is Supermetrics?
Additionally, Supermetrics is a sophisticated business analytics software we think you should consider. It’s ideal for generating and collecting data to run high-performance online marketing campaigns. You can couple this business reporting platform with different analytics engines and tools to create and run a paid marketing campaign.
What are the top features of Supermetrics?
- It has a Google Drive feature that helps refresh data, run queries, and collaborate with team members.
- You can create personalized social media reports by pulling statistics from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Go deeper and tap into data from other online advertising platforms like Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
How much does Supermetrics cost?
|Plan||Cost (per month)|
|Supermetrics for Google Sheets||$99|
|Data Studio Version||$39|
|Supermetrics for BigQuery||$190|
Although their prices vary, they have a plan for everyone — beginner to advanced!
What is Leadpages?
Equally important, the landing pages for your ads must be on point? And if you’re directing traffic to dedicated landing pages? Use Leadpages! It’s a perfect paid media tool to ensure meaningful engagement with visitors on third-party channels. It boosts the performance of your landing pages by recommending top trends for top social media websites.
What are the top features of Leadpages?
- Leadpages easily integrates with your paid media advertising platform and generates high ROAs (return on ad spend).
- Allows visitors to share the landing pages with their online social network.
- Get a grip on how the content on your pages gets displayed using Open Graph tags.
How much does Leadpages cost?
|Plans||Costs (per month)|
Leadpages is also great if you don’t have a web developer on your team. As a result, many small businesses use Leadpages to help design beautiful landing pages that convince your audience to convert.
What is Serpstat?
Serpstat offers over 20 online marketing tools, becoming one of the most sought-after paid media tools. It is an all-in-one SEO platform that provides comprehensive search analytics data.
What are the top features of Serpstat?
- Serpstat uses semantic analysis to gain an edge over your competitor’s content.
- It boosts your website’s relevance and processes the data to generate actionable insights.
- Serpstat has a PPC Research section you can use to gauge your campaign’s performance and compare it with that of your competitors.
How much does Serpstat cost?
|Plan||Costs (per month)|
Unlike some of the other tools, we haven’t yet tried this one out. However, we’ve been hearing great things.
Google Ads Editor
What is Google Ads Editor?
Google Ads Editor is a popular paid media tool among both beginners and professional advertisers. We highly recommend Google Ads Editor to marketers that manage and optimize numerous ad campaigns. Why? It saves time and improves your productivity and efficiency. Additionally, you can manage the campaigns offline!
What are the top features of Google Ads Editor?
- Make changes to your campaigns on the go without internet connectivity.
- Eliminate duplicate keywords using the ‘Find Duplicate Keywords’ feature.
- Easily adapt existing keywords to target specific locations.
- Make large-scale changes to your Google Ads account by importing data through CSV files.
How much does Google Ads Editor cost?
Google Ads Editor is a downloadable and free-to-use paid media tool.
Understandably, we think everyone running Google Ads should be using this free tool!
What is WordStream?
WordStream is known for delivering high click-through, conversion, and engagement rates for paid media campaigns. You can effectively manage and optimize your paid ad campaigns to meet your marketing goals (sales, leads, or visits).
What are the top features of WordStream?
- Evaluate Google Ads account performance and make changes as you receive personalized recommendations.
- Make use of prescriptive workflows to align your business goals with online marketing campaigns, especially on Facebook.
- Use Google Ads remarketing features to stay connected with the target audience in more ways than ever.
How much does WordStream cost?
|Marketing Budget (per month)||Plan Period||Costs (per month)|
|Up to $2,500||3-month||$299|
|$2,500 to $5,000||3-month||$429|
|$5,000 to $10,000||3-month||$529|
|$10,000 to $25,000||3-month||$789|
Yes, this tool is more expensive than many we’ve listed. At the very least, we urge you to check out their blog posts because they are chock-full of ideas for paid media campaigns.
Paid media tools are a must, regardless of where you are in your online marketing journey. Digital marketing campaigns work well when you have the best tools at your disposal to create, optimize, and manage the ads. The tools will slowly but surely improve your ads in the long run.
However, make sure you choose your paid media tools carefully. Consider the tasks you need help with, advantages, disadvantages, pricing, and features to make an informed decision.
Need help with your paid media efforts or tools? We can help!
Latest posts by Kaitlin Wichmann (see all)
- 7 Best Paid Media Tools For Marketers - January 19, 2022
- Paid Social Media: How to Create Successful Campaigns in 2022 - December 8, 2021
- Building Your Paid Media Strategy For 2022 - November 10, 2021