We’ll be releasing one extra blog post each week during the month of February. Why? Because we took the challenge!
The Media Barista’s challenge is all too awesome, and being that I LOVE music I couldn’t pass up the chance to add it to my other love, social media.
Oops, YOU Did It Again!
I knew we’d be going to the lovely Ms. Spears for our first song. I mean, isn’t she the epitome of, “Oops, I did it again”?!
With social media, there are certain peeps out there who are constantly making mistakes. Not one mistake. Not two mistakes. Not small mistakes, either. And no, I’m not talking about wearing a red, pleather jumpsuit. I’m talking about the constant violators plaguing our feeds.
You See, Your Problem Is This:
Dear, repeat offenders … no, you’re not that innocent. Not when you say things like, “I’m always learning!” Or, “I’m forever a student of social media!” Or if you’re in the business of social media, the items listed below are simple, 100-level stuff!
I’m sure I’m not the only one doubting your talents if:
- You’re not following the Terms of Service on Facebook, Twitter, G+ or where ever you’re making egregious boo boos – this should be the absolute first step for every social media “professional.”
- Your spelling and grammar are constantly atrocious – try spell check or get an editor.
- You go days on end without one post, tweet, or update – where’s the social in that?!
- Conversely, you “fire hose” or post, tweet and update on rapid fire (ex: Posts, tweets or updates published one right after another with no breathing room) – spread them out!
- You let comments from Fans and Followers, whether they’re good or bad, sit unanswered for hours, days, or WORSE, you never answer.
I Played With Your Heart …
Here’s an example of a Facebook Page engaging in TWO of the above no-nos: hosting a contest without a 3rd-party API and not responding to the winner of the FB “illegal” contest when they noted that they had problems collecting their prize:
I know we’ve brought these mistakes up in past posts, but it seems the message still needs to be heard!
I’m not saying mistakes aren’t allowed – we ALL make mistakes! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made a spelling error, or used incorrect grammar and had to delete the post and start over, or own up to my mistakes in the comments area.
However, the B2 Crew makes it a point to LEARN from our mistakes in hopes of becoming better and more professional with our social media efforts.
Having to say, “Oops,” too many times isn’t cute on anyone, and probably should be left to the infamous Britney Spears.
See you in the social sphere!
Latest posts by Brooke B. Sellas (see all)
- How Long Does It Take For My Online Ads To Work? - October 14, 2020
- Social Media Response Times Are More Important Than Ever - September 23, 2020
- Four Strategies To Obtain Unwavering Brand Loyalty - September 2, 2020