Brands and businesses alike are clamoring to create viral videos.
The stats alone are enough to convince marketers and the C-Suite that video is the place to put focus in 2018.
But can just anyone create very viral videos?
We’re here with the staggering truth!
The Facts On Those “Viral” Videos
Marketers and businesses tend to call videos “viral” just because they’re seeing more organic reach and engagement than other types of content.
But there’s a reason for that …
- A recent eye-tracking study conducted on Facebook and Instagram revealed that people gaze FIVE times longer at video than static content [source]
- Video posts have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts [source]
- 80% of audiences would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog [source]
It’s no wonder video is the leading content type for engagement.
And as for what consumers want with your videos, it seems these types take the cake:
- Brand updates
- Behind-the-scenes information/storytelling
- Breaking news
- Infotainment (informing and entertaining video)
The biggest takeaway regarding video?70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content.Click To Tweet
Creating Your Own Viral Videos [For Sales]
While videos are certainly used for marketing, let’s first focus on how they can help with sales.
Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more!
That’s why we have a video about psychographics on our homepage.
However, we found that this video may help with our why, but when selling, people are more interested in our how.
Particularly, we’re always asked, “how do done-for-you social media management services work?”
Using this key piece of information from our sales process, we’ll be creating a new video for 2018 that lays out our exact process.
You should do the same. Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t use this tactic!
Additionally, when it comes to lead generation:
- 100% more time is spent on landing pages with videos on them
- 60% of business respondents said they are likely to watch a video on a webpage before reading any text at all
- 70% of B2B buyers and researchers are watching videos through their entire path to purchase
Perhaps most importantly, nearly half of all B2B decision makers are millennials who are more than comfortable with video.
Millennials are just one shift in sales that should have you looking to video for lead generation.Click To Tweet
Using Marketing Videos
So where should you start when it comes to creating viral videos? Why not do as others do?
The top three areas marketers are using for videos are:
- Product videos (or services, like our new video will be!)
- Demo videos
- Explainer videos
Webinars, how-to videos, and videos just for social round out the top six spots.
The bottom line: Marketers are using videos to educate consumers.
And the two main places they’re doing this is on their website or on social media channels.
There are endless places you can use videos and hopefully go viral with your brand messaging.83% of businesses say that video provides a good return on investment.Click To Tweet
Tools For Making Viral Videos
There are a million and one video shops who are eager to spend your marketing dollars in 2018. 🙂
(We used Inovit for our new video, in case you were wondering)
However, if you’re more the do-it-yourself type, here are the top three recommended video tools:
- GoAnimate — This DIY video tool can be used to create high-quality animated videos with a professional look. Cool features include: drag and drop and assigning dialogue to characters automatically using a lip-syncing feature. They also have a 14-day free trial.
- PowToon — Using their done for you, ready-made templates, you can create a high-quality video fast. The “drag and drop” templates are designed, scripted and ready for you to use within minutes.
- Wistia — Wistia not only has editing software that is interactive, it also comes with an internal analytic tool to help you analyze the performance of your video campaigns. We like this tool because it not only helps you create (hopefully) viral videos, it lets you track them to be absolutely sure of results.
And, if you’re looking to create ads for Facebook-specific videos, we’ve got a whole post on that!
So, there you have it. A plethora of reasons and three tools to help you knock out viral videos in 2018.
Curious: Do you plan on incorporating videos into your 2018 marketing and sales plan? (And where will you most likely use them??)
Latest posts by Brooke B. Sellas (see all)
- Three Reasons Your Social Media Strategy Isn’t Sophisticated Enough - June 1, 2022
- Why Negative Brand Sentiment Is A Good Thing - May 25, 2022
- 5 Outrageous Customer Care Myths Exposed - April 6, 2022