Content creation is far and away one of the biggest pain points for any business owner. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Curating content for social media is a great way to ease the burden and make sure your channels are always fresh.
To start, it’s important to understand what exactly we mean when we say curated content.
So, what is curated content exactly?
Curated content is simply content that has been gathered from multiple sources and compiled into one easily digestible format. This can be anything from a social media feed to a blog post or even an email newsletter.
The key is that the content is high quality and relevant to your audience.
How do you source information for content curation?
There are many different ways to gather information to create curated content for your business.
Understanding your audience is the first step. What do they typically engage with the most? What do they want to see from you? Once you know this, you can begin to look for content that meets these needs.
Here are some places to look for content to curate:
- Newsletters: Subscribe to newsletters from influencers or thought leaders in your industry. This is a great way to stay on top of trends.
- Blogs: There are likely many blogs out there that would be relevant to your audience. For social media managers, for instance, Social Media Today is a great place to stay abreast of industry changes.
Source: Social Media Today
- Social media: This is a great place to start when looking for content. See what your audience is talking about and share accordingly.
- Google Alerts: Set up alerts for key terms related to your industry or niche. This way, you’ll always be in the know about the latest news and information.
- Monitor the feedback: See what kind of response you receive from the content you share. This will give you a good idea of what’s resonating with your audience and will help you form a trusting relationship with your community.
- Get creative: If you’re stuck on where to look for content, think outside the box. There are many sources of inspiration out there, you just have to find them. Keep content curation in the back of your mind as you go about your day-to-day life and you’re sure to find some great pieces to share. When in doubt, personalizing your content will be sure to drive awareness and interaction.
How often should you curate content?
This depends on the platform you’re using and the goals you have for your content strategy.
If you’re using social media, it’s important to post fresh content regularly. This could be multiple times per day or a few times per week. For a blog, you might want to aim for one new post per week. And for an email newsletter, once per month is a good general rule-of-thumb.
You’ve got what you need to get started. Now, some final tips on how to curate content for your business:
- Only share content from sources that you trust.
- Make sure the information is accurate.
- Choose content that is relevant to your audience.
- Find content that is visually appealing.
- Share content that is timely and newsworthy.
- Mix up the content you share to keep things interesting.
There you have it! Now you know how to curate content for social media, blogs, and email newsletters. Just remember to keep your audience in mind and focus on sharing high-quality content from trustworthy sources.
Do you think you need some help with your content strategy? Get in touch with our team of experts.
Latest posts by Joanna Maher (see all)
- How Everyday Social Media Users are Becoming Influential Content Creators - October 11, 2023
- Get the Most Bang for Your Advertising Dollar - September 13, 2023
- Back to School & Back to Marketing Basics - August 23, 2023