You’d be hard pressed to find someone with a Facebook page who doesn’t care about engagement — and with organic reach in the toilet, it seems everyone is scrambling to boost the visibility of their posts.
But what about boosting the action on those posts? What about getting people to move past vanity actions like “likes” and comments and getting them to take the next step with your content?
That’s where these 40 calls-to-action for Facebook come in.
Use these examples to help you get specific; make the ask; TELL people what you want them to do next …
It’s just one more reason to reuse and recycle old content — just make sure you make it new again!
But I digress. Let’s start from the beginning and discuss what a call-to-action (CTA) actually is.
What Is A Call-To-Action?
BusinessDictionary.com defines a call-to-action as,
“Words that urge the reader, listener, or viewer of a sales promotion message to take an immediate action, such as, “Write Now,” “Call Now,” or (on Internet) “Click Here.” A retail advertisement or commercial without a call-to-action is considered incomplete and ineffective.”
It’s not enough to say, “Like my Facebook page!” these days.
Instead, marketers must think of WIIFM — what’s in it for me — meaning answering your audiences’ question of why they should do this thing you’re asking of them.
Look at these two calls-to-action for Facebook and see which one sounds more appealing:
- Like my Facebook page!
- Like my Facebook page where our fans will get Facebook-only specials and freebies!
I’m more likely to like the page of the #2 CTA because I know that by liking this page I will get Facebook-only deals and freebies. Duh.
And let’s face it, “click here” is just so lazy and tired.
So use these 40 tried-and-true calls-to-action on Facebook and watch your engagement grow!
40 Calls-To-Action For Facebook
- Grab Yours Now ➤ [link to content goes here]
- Will You Be There? [link to event]
- Hope To See You Soon! [link to event]
- Please Share With Your Friends And Fans To [enter your WIIFM]
- What Are Your Thoughts On This [Topic]? ➼ [link, if there is one]
- How Would You Handle ______? (ask for responses; tie it in with your topic) [link, if there is one]
- Read This Post To [enter benefit statement]: [link]
- Have You Ever ______? (entice readers to comment or engage) [link, if there is one]
- What’s YOUR Favorite ______? (tie it in with your topic) Here’s ours! [link to content goes here]
- This Article/Blog/eBook/Event Will Teach You How To ______: [link to content]
- YES or NO? ____________ (with an image)
- Seriously, SIGN UP! You’ve Got Nothing To Lose Except For [add your WIIFM]: [link to event]
- Save Your Seat! There Are Only [insert #] Left ➤ [link to event]
- [Info on event] Limited Seating Available: [link to event]
- View This _____ To Learn How To ______: [link to content]
- Want A Sneak Peek At ______? We’re Showing Our Facebook Fans First! [link to content]
- QUICK QUESTION: Do You Prefer A, B, Or C — We’re Letting YOU Choose What _____ Our Next ______ Is! (enticing comments or engagement or user-generated content)
- You Don’t Want To Miss _______ Because _______ [enter your WIIFM statement]! [link to content or event]
- Guess What?! This Is THE Solution For ______ [enter common problem you’re solving] ➼ [link to content]
- This List Is Filled With Resources For ______ [topic]: [link to content]
- What Have You Found That Works Well With [topic]? This [link] Certainly Helped Us!
- See The Official Announcement/Article Here ➤ [link to press release]
- We’ve Got More [tips/tricks/hacks/examples] At: [link to site/landing page]
- We Have A GREAT Tutorial On [topic]. Watch/View/Read It Here ➼ [link to video/site]
- Please Share Below In The Comments If You Know More About/Would Like To Know More About [topic].
- For An Example Of This [topic] You May Want To Review/Download These [free — add this keyword if they are!] Resources: [link to content]
- What Are Some Of The BEST Examples You’ve Seen On/About? We May Want To Use These In Our Next Blog Post/Video/Infographic.
- ** WE NEED YOUR ADVICE! ** What Is Your Best Tip For [topic]? [add your WIIFM — like we will highlight you in our post] READY, SET, GO!
- This Post By [tag company/brand — great way to highlight an industry partner!] Shows You How To [topic] ➤
- ** FINAL DAY TO SAVE/SIGN UP/JOIN! ** [link to content or event]
- Discover How To Quickly/Easily [some sort of qualifier] [topic] By Reading This Post: [link to content]
- Here’s The One Thing Every [person in your industry] needs NOW ➼ [link to content]
- [#] Critical Considerations Before You [topic]. Important read here: [link to content]
- Definitely Worth 5 Minutes Of Your Time Today! [link to content]
- We Asked This Question On/At [Facebook, our blog, an event, etc.] And Got Some Surprising Answers. We’d Love To Hear Your Thoughts, Too! [link to content]
- Give Your [topic/industry/business] A Boost By Reading These Best Practices ➤
- Feeling Overwhelmed With [topic/pain point of audience]? Here Are Some Tips For You … [link to content]
- [Enter event title here] All The Cool Kids Are Going. 🙂 [link to event]
- You CANNOT Buy This In Stores! It’s A One-Time-Only Offer: [link to offer]
- Want To Be A [topic, industry, business] Success? (Of Course, You Do!) Find Out How With This Week’s [post/article/event] ➼ [link to content]
Other Call-To-Action Elements
It doesn’t end with these 40 ways to prompt your readers to take the next step!
I’m sure you’ve noticed our little symbols leading to the link.
Studies show that arrows entice readers to “move” towards something (your link!), so try using these symbols when linking to your content.
Check out this site for some easy copy and paste arrows, symbols and emojis to use on your social sites ☞ I want free symbols!
What Makes You Click?
Now that you have FORTY creative calls-to-action you can use, there’s no excuse not to add a CTA to each piece of content you publish!
Put these 40 calls-to-action for Facebook to work (hint: they work on more than just Facebook).
What makes you click? Have you seen any INCREDIBLE calls-to-action that we need to add here? Let us know in the comments section below … hey! That’s another one! 😉
The following two tabs change content below.
Brooke B. Sellas is the in-the-trenches Founder & CEO of @HelloBSquared, an award-winning social media, advertising, and customer care agency. She's also the Co-host of The Marketing Companion podcast with Mark Schaefer, where they discuss jaw-dropping marketing trends. Brooke's marketing mantra is “Think Conversation, Not Campaign” so be sure to give her a shout!
Latest posts by Brooke B. Sellas (see all)
- How To Think Conversation & Collect Customer Feedback [With Examples] - January 8, 2020
- A Content Marketing Plan For Every Quarter In 2020 - December 4, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Customer Service Chatbots - October 9, 2019