It’s a well-known fact that you cannot edit posts on Facebook. Or can you??
*[UPDATE: On September 27th, 2013, Facebook started allowing editing of posts. Read about it here.]*
Yes, that’s right, you read the title clearly. You CAN edit posts on Facebook, which is great for all those little typos I make. The only caveat is that you can only edit posts with a photo attached, or photo posts.
At least it’s something, right? Here’s how to get it DONE:
How To Edit Facebook Photo Posts
- Step One: If you notice a typo or mistake with your post (as long as it’s a photo post), click on the photo in the post, as shown below.
- Step Two: Once you click on the photo, you will notice an ‘Edit’ button. Click it!
- Step Three: Once you click ‘Edit’, you will be able to change any of the text (including any embarrassing typos) associated with your photo, as well as where the photo was taken and dates (highlighted in yellow below). When you’ve updated your text and information, hit ‘Done Editing.’
Pretty Simple For Facebook, Right?
That should do it! Perhaps you already knew this little hidden Facebook feat, but if not, ENJOY!
Hopefully in the future Facebook will let us edit ALL of our posts, like GooglePlus. But for now, I’ll settle for this – especially since the majority of our posts on Facebook include a photo.
If you know any Facebook hidden gems or shortcuts, be sure to share them in the comments section below! And be sure to follow B Squared Media on Facebook for more tips and tricks on all things social.
See you in the social sphere!
Latest posts by Brooke B. Sellas (see all)
- Social Media ROI: A Simple Hello Can Lead To A Million Things - February 14, 2018
- How To Survive In Business When You’re A Harmony-Seeking Idealist - February 7, 2018
- Social Media Advice: Your Top Ten Questions, Answered - January 24, 2018